Integrate faith into the academic and ministerial environment of Villanova University
Each fall semester, Villanova's Center for Pastoral Ministry Education and Internship admits a limited number of graduate students (approximately four) to the Villanova Campus Ministry Graduate Internship Program (CMI).
- Internships provide room and board, tuition remission, and a stipend in exchange for ministerial work primarily with freshmen students in our residence halls.
- In addition to meeting the requirements for the CMI Program, all interns complete a Master's Degree Program and our Certificate in Pastoral Ministry.
- The Certificate is the academic core of ministry on campus, providing vibrancy, effectiveness, distinctiveness, and excellence in theological and lay ministerial education to our interns. We designed it with interns in mind whose primary academic interests are in Theology and Counseling.
- Interns combine their graduate studies in Theology or Counseling with the Certificate. Thus, they enroll either in the Combined MA in Theology/Certificate in Pastoral Ministry Programm or the Combined MS in Counseling and Certificate in Pastoral Ministry Program. Interns in one of these joint programs are permitted to double-count graduate courses.
- The CMI Program also welcomes applicants, on a case by case basis, who wish to earn a master's degree in fields other than Theology or Counseling. However, currently we do not coordinate graduate course offerings beyond the established cooperation between the Department of Theology and Religious Studies and the Department of Education and Counseling.
For more information, please contact our Program Director or the Coordinator of the Internship Program.