“Do” theology. Advance Catholic Christian theological and lay ministerial perspectives. Apply the faith in every area of human activity.
- Advances the study of theology and its ministerial dimensions within Villanova's Augustinian tradition.
- Includes course work in theology, lay ministry, and counseling and a ministerial practicum.
- Combines academic studies in theology and ministry with practical training in ministerial contexts.
- Broadens your understanding of the dynamic interaction between theology and ministry.
- Prepares you to become a responsible lay minister, educator, and leader.
We conduct the program jointly with
- the Department of Education and Human Services, and
- the Center for Pastoral Ministry Education and Internship.
In order to prepare for working as a lay minister in parishes, schools, and other ministerial settings, each of the four Pastoral Ministry and Counseling Practice courses includes a supervised Ministerial Field Practicum. Successful completion of the courses requires a minimum of 10 hours per week of field education in a ministerial setting approved by the course instructor.
Like the courses in Pastoral Ministry and Counseling Practice, the practicum spans 4 semesters. You are responsible for obtaining your placement and must complete a Practicum Contract. Villanova offers unique, but limited opportunities for completing the Practicum in Campus Ministry.
For more information, please contact the Coordinator of the Campus Ministry Graduate Internship Program.