The Sue Winge Internship is designed for the student who has an interest in marketing in the arts. This internship will be designed for a ten-hour weekly commitment in the spring semester. The selected student will receive a $400 stipend to help defray travel and parking expenses. He or she may be eligible for college credit. The intern will report to the Arden’s Director of Marketing and Public Relations.
The Sue Winge Intern will work with the Arden’s Marketing Director to maintain the smooth and systematic functioning of the marketing department in its overall goal to drive ticket sales, promote Arden Theatre Company’s programs and artists, and to maintain and grow the Arden’s positive reputation in the local and national community. Responsibilities will include:
· Assisting in the design and implementation of audience surveys. The Arden is currently in the midst of an audience research project as part of a grant from the Wallace Foundation. The intern will work with the Marketing Director and the market research firm hired to design the survey and compile the results.
· Managing and participating in the distribution of marketing collateral. This would include the design of points of contacts, managing the distribution. This would include supervision of apprentices.
· Managing the social networking campaign. This includes regular updates of information as well as searching for new outlets for the Arden. The Intern will be responsible for updating the Arden Insider Blog on the Arden’s website.
· Assisting with Press Relations. This includes compiling and disseminating media kits. The intern will research and write press releases with direct supervision of the Arden’s Director of Marketing and Public Relations. The Intern will participate in photo shoots, organize the photo archives and take photos at Arden events including Drama School and Salons.
· Assisting in promotional events. This will include organizing and staffing events that reach out in to the community, such as the Arden Young Friends events, Camp Fairs and Arts Festival booths.
· Assisting in e-marketing campaigns such as designing targeted offers such as “Refer a Friend” or discount offers. The Intern will write the subscriber monthly e-newsletter.
To Apply: Interested applicants must apply online during the Fall Semester. Application information for A&S students is available through the Villanova University Internships Office at www.villanova.edu/artsci/college/internships/. Business students may apply through GoNova: Simply search “Arden Theatre” in the employer field. Students must submit a copy of their resume and complete a brief essay indicating their reasons for wanting to complete the Sue Winge Internship. Interviews will be conducted at Arden Theatre Company.