Earn your master's degree in theatre from the school ranked #1 by U.S. News and World Report in the Best Universities - Master's category in the northern region for over a decade!
The Villanova University Department of Theatre offers:
Villanova's program is one of the only theatre M.A. programs in the United States that places equal emphasis on scholarly and creative work:
- Classes are taught by our award-winning faculty and staff who have distinguished themselves in the field of professional theatre (directing, writing, designing, acting, and producing, and non-profit management).
- Students undergo a rigorous course of study that is a combination of scholarly, artistic, and practical approaches to theatre.
- Students matriculate into the program from a wide variety of undergraduate majors, spanning the humanities and the sciences. The result is a vibrant, diverse community of scholars with a passion for theatre as a common denominator.
- The experience and knowledge our students gain in class, on stage, and behind the scenes allows these well-rounded scholars to embark on careers as actors, directors, stage managers, playwrights, dramaturgs, administrators, teachers, and critics.
- The Villanova University Theatre Department produces a four-show season of plays, which are supported by our faculty, staff, and our students. Our students participate in productions through acting, stage management, dramaturgy, public relations, scenic and costume construction, and technical theatre support.
Voted “Best Theater School” – Main Line Today Magazine
“The high quality of the professional work of the school’s graduates is a continuing tribute to the success of the [Villanova M.A. in Theatre] program.” – Main Line Ticket
Click on the image above to view the WHYY feature on
The Villanova Theatre Department.