The major in Sociology requires the completion of 10 courses (30 credits). A student must have completed SOC 1000, Intro. to Sociology, with a minimum grade of “C+” or have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher. A student must allow three full semesters after the declaration of the major to complete all requirements.
- SOC 1000 Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 6500 Senior Seminar (Prerequisite: one Theory and one of the Research Courses)
One of the following Theory Courses (Prerequisite: SOC 1000):
- SOC 5000 Nature and History of Sociological Theory
- SOC 5050 Sociological Theory and Research
- SOC 5100 Contemporary Theory and Research
One of the following Research Courses: (No Substitutions)
- CRM 5200 Criminology Research and Statistics
- SOC 5300 Data Analysis for Social Scientists
- SOC 5400 Applied Research Methods in Sociology
Five SOC electives and One CRM elective
A student taking an internship in a field setting in the second semester of the junior year or during the senior year should consult with the Chair and Director of the Internship Program.
Chair: Dr. Robert Defina, 204 St. Augustine Center, firstname.lastname@example.org, (610) 519-4482