Welcome to the Research & Writing Tools section of our website! Students will find a variety of resources here, including:
- What is a scholarly journal?
- How to find articles and books using Falvey databases & catalog, as well as reports/publications by research institutes and governmental agencies
- Links to data & statistics in the form of tables, maps, datasets, graphs, and other formats on a wide range of topics in sociology and criminology
- How to learn more about themes and concepts discussed in classes using Falvey Encyclopedias
- How to write a research paper
- Why & how to cite sources
- How to contact a librarian with a specialty in sociology and criminal justice