The M.A. Program consists of 30 credit hours of coursework and it may be completed in two years of full-time study.
The program prepares students:
- to pursue a doctoral degree in Hispanic literature, linguistics or cultural studies.
- to pursue career in teaching in higher education.
- to enhance their teaching skills as a means of career advancement.
Degree Requirements for the M.A.
- Ten courses, or thirty semester credit hours, satisfy the course requirements for the Master of Arts program in Hispanic Studies.
- Upon successful completion of course work with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (3.5 for Teaching Assistants) each candidate must pass a written comprehensive exam.