M.A. Political Science Certificates

Students who are not planning to enroll in the regular M.A. program can apply for a Graduate Certificate in either:

  • American Politics
  • International Politics

Students earn a certificate by successfully completing five graduate courses in one of the three areas.

A student may be accepted into the certificate program on non-matriculated status without the GRE or previous graduate level course work, but then the student must earn no less than a B in each of the first two courses before continuing with the program.

Graduate Arts and Science Students - Apply Now button
Request Information Button
button to return to Graduate Studies Homepage

Application Information

Students applying for a Certificate should submit, along with their application:

Two official undergraduate transcripts

Three letters of recommendation

Two page statement explaining their reasons for applying

Either scores from the Graduate Record Examination General Test or evidence of previous graduate level course work