The Philosophy Graduate Student Union at Villanova University is the mediating body for Graduate Student business and activities in the Philosophy Department. PGSU (affectionately known as "pig-soo") holds several meetings throughout the academic year, as well as sponsors the Philosophy in Progress series, the Invited Speakers Series, and an annual conference in the spring.
Invited Speakers Series
- 2014: Tamsin Lorraine (Swarthmore College)
- 2013: George Yancy (Duquesne University)
- 2012: Linda Martin Alcoff (CUNY)
- 2011: Graham Priest (CUNY Graduate Center)
- 2010: Daniel Heller-Roazen (Princeton University)
- 2009: Elizabeth Grosz (Rutgers University)
- 2008: Jay Lampert (University of Guelph)
Philosophy in Progress
Philosophy in Progress is a series of working-idea colloquia designed to promote the ongoing work and intellectual community of the Villanova Philosophy Department, as well as provide a venue within our department for philosophical presentation and feedback.
- Ian Maley
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014, 5:30pm to 7:30pm
The Philosophy Department Lounge
The title of the talk is, "Heidegger's Interpretation of the nun in Physics D 10-14"
- www.erraticimpact.com - Mission Statement: We at Erratic Impact love philosophy. Thus, it is our goal to make the study of philosophy easy and enjoyable by combining the best online resources with the most extensive text resources available. We also love books! Thus, it is our goal to use the internet to promote new (as well as established) authors in philosophy and related fields. We want to help students and teachers find your work.
- Notes from Dr. Livingston's Publishing Workshop-
These notes open up in Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Acrobat, you can get it for free here: