Partnership with Catholic Relief Services: In May 2005, Villanova University entered into a formal partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) for the purposes of promoting global solidarity through education, research, service, and advocacy.
Catholic Relief Services was founded in 1943 by the Catholic Bishops of the U.S. to assist the poor and disadvantaged outside the U.S.. It now works in 99 countries around the world. It is motivated by the Gospel as it pertains to the alleviation of human suffering, the development of people and the fostering of charity and justice in the world. The policies and programs of the agency reflect and express the social teaching of the Catholic Church It assists persons on the basis of need not creed, race or nationality.
The Greater Philadelphia Higher Education Peace and Justice Consortium
Other University Peace and Justice Centers
- St. Joseph's University Faith Justice Institute
- University of Dayton Center for Leadership in Community
- Santa Clara University Ignatian Center for Jesuit Education
- Boston College Center for Volunteer and Service Learning
- University of Notre Dame Center for Social Concerns
- Georgetown University Center for Social Justice, Research, Teaching and Service:
- Haverford College Center for Peace & Global Citizenship
- Swarthmore College Lang Center for Civic and Social Responsibility