Requirements for the Applied Statistics Graduate Program (MSAS)
Applicants to the Master’s program in Applied Statistics must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies, with an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, and must have completed undergraduate work in mathematics through multivariable calculus (usually calculus III) and linear algebra. Those with degrees in areas other than mathematics and statistics are encouraged to apply. Students without a strong mathematical background will be advised to take additional undergraduate courses; these courses are not counted toward the graduate degree.
How to apply
1. Please visit the web pages of the Office of Graduate Studies in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at www.gradartsci.villanova.edu to request additional information, view application deadlines or to begin your online application.
2. Contact the Program Director, Dr. Paul Lupinacci, to discuss your interest in doing graduate work and the specifics of the course of study you wish to pursue. Email the Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office to speak to a representative at 610-519-4850.
3. Submit the following materials for a completed application:
- Application for admission online.
- Application fee. $50 payable by credit card online. The fee is waived for students with a Villanova degree.
- Transcripts. Step 1 - You may upload unofficial copies of your transcripts in the online application in order to receive an admission decision. However, those who are offered admission must complete the following process in order to enroll. Step 2- Official transcripts of all previous college work undergraduate (and graduate where applicable), must be sent directly from your registrar's office to the Office of Graduate Studies at Villanova. (Applicants in their last year of undergraduate study who have not completed their bachelor’s degree should provide a transcript of all courses completed at the time of application, and submit an official transcript when the undergraduate degree is completed.)
- Three Letters of Recommendation. Please use the online application.
- Graduate Record Examination. Please note that GRE scores from tests taken more than five years before the date of application will not be accepted. Applicants with graduate degrees may request a waiver of the GRE requirement from the Program Director.