Applicants to the Master's program in Liberal Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies, with an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
How to Apply
Please visit the web pages of the Office of Graduate Studies in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at www.gradartsci.villanova.edu to request additional information, view application deadlines or to begin your online application. Contact Dr. Marylu Hill, the Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-519-6936 to discuss your interest in doing graduate work.
Degree Program and Non-Degree Certificate Program
All applicants should submit the following materials:
- Application for admission online.
- Application fee: $50 payable by credit card online. The fee is waived for students with a Villanova degree.
- Transcripts: Step 1 - You may upload unofficial copies of your transcripts in the online application in order to receive an admission decision. However, those who are offered admission must complete the following process in order to enroll. Step 2- Official transcripts of all previous college work undergraduate (and graduate where applicable), must be sent directly from your registrar's office to the Office of Graduate Studies at Villanova. (Applicants in their last year of undergraduate study who have not completed their bachelor’s degree should provide a transcript of all courses completed at the time of application, and submit an official transcript when the undergraduate degree is completed.)
- Two Letters of Recommendation: preferably from former teachers; however, for those out of school for many years, letters from supervisors or persons of authority are acceptable. Please use the form found on the online application.
- Short Statement of Interest in Liberal Studies (maximum one page).
Please note that the Liberal Studies program does not require applicants to submit Graduate Record Examination scores.