The Major will require 10 courses with a minimum of 30 credits:
- One Capstone Seminar (LAS 3950).
- Language Requirement: Two (2) advanced Spanish or advanced Portuguese language or literature courses.
- Three Broad thematic courses, one each in the Humanities, Social Sciences, and History.
- One course in Research Methods.
- Three Electives with options for Internship and independent study.
- One semester of Study Abroad: Students are required to spend a semester abroad at a university in Latin America and can satisfy multiple requirements of acquiring linguistic skills, cultural immersion, and course requirements.