Villanova Student Chapter
- For campus students, annual dues are $15.00. This allows you to attend all of the special programs and events hosted by VU SHRM.
- Online students receive a FREE membership, but still need to submit membership application.
- Checks are to be made payable to: VUSHRM
- Applications and checks can be mailed to:
Villanova HRD Program, Villanova University
St. Mary’s Hall, Suite 119
800 Lancaster Ave
Villanova, PA 19085
[Philly SHRM & Greater Valley Forge HRA]
- Current members of the VU SHRM Chapter are also encouraged to join a local community chapter, such as our sponsor, the Philadelphia SHRM Chapter (Philly SHRM). They have special activities for new HR professionals. Click here to join Philly SHRM.
- The Greater Valley Forge Human Resource Association (GVFHRA) meets nearby the University in King of Prussia and students often volunteer there and get to attend meetings for free. Click here to join GVFHRA.
- A large list of HR groups is listed here under our Professional Development page. A number of these organizations have supported Villanova students through advertising and sponsorship of the HRD events, such as the Annual Networking Reception.
[Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)]
Current members of the VU SHRM Chapter are also encouraged to join the National Chapter of SHRM as a student member. When one becomes a national member, they receive a subscription to HRMagazine and HRNews, discounted rates on professional publications and conferences, scholarship opportunities and access to research, job search and member directory databases available on SHRM.org. However, a student must be taking at least 6 credits per semester in order to be a national member at student rates. Click here to join National SHRM.
As a member of SHRM, you will be able to...
- Gain access to an international network of over 165,000 management professionals
- Develop management and leadership skills that will make you attractive to potential employers
- Make HR contacts today that could help you find a job tomorrow
- Gain exposure to the latest news, information, and important developments in the field of human resource management
Click here for information on the SHRM code of ethics