As a member of the Society, you will:
- Gain access to an international network of over 165,000 management professionals.
- Develop management and leadership skills that will make you attractive to potential employers.
- Make HR contacts today that could help you find a job tomorrow!
- Gain exposure to the latest news, information, and important developments in the field of human resource management.
- More benefits of SHRM.
Click here for information on our code of ethics.
Student Chapter (VU SHRM), The Villanova University Society for Human Resource Management Chapter
- Annual dues are $15. This allows you to attend all the special programs and events hosted by VU SHRM.
- Checks are be made payable to: VUSHRM.
- Applications and checks can be mailed to: The HRD Program, Villanova University, St. Mary’s Hall, Suite 119, 800 Lancaster Ave, Villanova, PA 19085
- Current members of the VU SHRM Chapter are also encouraged to join a local community chapter, such as our sponsor, the Philadelphia SHRM Chapter (PSHRM). They have even created special activities for new HR professionals.
- The Greater Valley Forge Human Resource Association (GVFHRA) meets nearby the University in King of Prussia and students often volunteer there to attend dinner meetings for free.
- A large list of HR groups is listed on this HRD site under the link, "HR Groups and Links". A number of these organizations have supported Villanova students through advertising and sponsorship of the HRD Annual Networking Night.
National Chapter - Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Current members of the VU SHRM Chapter are also encouraged to join the National Chapter of SHRM as a student member. When one becomes a national member, they receive a subscription to HRMagazine and HRNews, discounted rates on professional publications and conferences, scholarship opportunities and access to research, job search and member directory databases available on SHRM.org. However, a student must be taking at least 6 credits per semester in order to be a national member at student rates.
- To join the national society, visit SHRM.org.