Student Chapter (VU SHRM), The Villanova University Society for Human Resource Management Chapter
- Annual dues are $15.00 for all campus students. This allows you to attend all of the special programs and events hosted by VU SHRM.
- Online students for 2014-2015 will receive a free membership, but still need to submit membership application!
- Checks are be made payable to: VUSHRM.
- Applications and checks can be mailed to: The HRD Program, Villanova University, St. Mary’s Hall, Suite 119, 800 Lancaster Ave, Villanova, PA 19085
- Current members of the VU SHRM Chapter are also encouraged to join a local community chapter, such as our sponsor, the Philadelphia SHRM Chapter (PSHRM). They have even created special activities for new HR professionals.
- The Greater Valley Forge Human Resource Association (GVFHRA) meets nearby the University in King of Prussia and students often volunteer there to attend dinner meetings for free.
- A large list of HR groups is listed here under our Professional Development page. A number of these organizations have supported Villanova students through advertising and sponsorship of the HRD Annual Networking Reception.
National Chapter - Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Current members of the VU SHRM Chapter are also encouraged to join the National Chapter of SHRM as a student member. When one becomes a national member, they receive a subscription to HRMagazine and HRNews, discounted rates on professional publications and conferences, scholarship opportunities and access to research, job search and member directory databases available on SHRM.org. However, a student must be taking at least 6 credits per semester in order to be a national member at student rates.
As a member of SHRM, you will:
- Gain access to an international network of over 165,000 management professionals
- Develop management and leadership skills that will make you attractive to potential employers
- Make HR contacts today that could help you find a job tomorrow
- Gain exposure to the latest news, information, and important developments in the field of human resource management
Click here for information on the SHRM code of ethics
Click here to join National SHRM!