As a member of the Society, you will:
- Gain access to an international network of over 165,000 management professionals.
- Develop management and leadership skills that will make you attractive to potential employers.
- Make HR contacts today that could help you find a job tomorrow!
- Gain exposure to the latest news, information, and important developments in the field of human resource management.
- More benefits of SHRM.
Click here for information on our code of ethics.
- Student Chapter (VU SHRM),The Villanova University Society for Human Resource Management Chapter
Annual dues are $15. This allows you to attend all the special programs and events hosted by VU SHRM.
Checks are made payable to Villanova University.
Student Member Application
- Local Chapters
Current members of the VU SHRM Chapter are also encouraged to join a local community chapter, such as our sponsor, the Philadelphia SHRM Chapter. They have even created special activities for new HR professionals
The GVFHRA group meets nearby the University in King of Prussia and students often volunteer there to attend dinner meetings for free.
A large list of HR groups is listed on this HRD site under the link, "HR Groups and Links". A number of these organizations have supported Villanova students through advertising and sponsorship of the HRD Annual Networking Night.
- National Chapter - Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Current members of the VU SHRM Chapter are also encouraged to join the National Chapter of SHRM as a student member. When one becomes a national member, they receive a subscription to HRMagazine and HRNews, discounted rates on professional publications and conferences, scholarship opportunities and access to research, job search and member directory databases available on SHRM.org. However, a student must be taking at least 6 credits per semester in order to be a national member at student rates. To join the national society, visit SHRM.org.
- National Professional Membership
Available to students taking fewer than 6 credits per semester. To join as a national professional member, visit SHRM.org.