The combined PSY/MS program in HRD is designed to offer undergraduate Psychology students a planned educational track that will prepare them for a career in the field of human resources.
B.A. Program Requirements
- Applicants to the program should have the following:
- Villanova University declared Psychology major with junior status
- a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Psychology major GPA of at least 3.2
- completed or enrolled in at least 6 Psychology major courses, which must include:
- PSY 2700 - Industrial/Organizational Psychology or PSY 2800 - Human Factors
- PSY 4000 - Intro Statistics
- PSY 4050 - Research Methods in Psychology
- PSY 4200 - Physiological Psychology or PSY 4500 - Cognitive Psychology
Students who are admitted into the BA/MS track will be permitted to enroll in 3 graduate HRD courses in their senior year (including the summer preceding). These courses will be counted both as undergraduate courses for the BA and graduate courses for the MS. Students may choose among 5 graduate courses:
- HRD 8006 - HR Metrics & Research Methods (Required)
- HRD 8319 - Introduction to HR (Required)
- PSY 8425 - Organizational Psychology (Elective)
- PSY 8475 - Organizational Training (Required)
- PSY 8875 - Psychology of Organizational Change (Required)
For students in the BIS/MS track, there is no alteration in requirements for the undergraduate major in General Studies or Leadership Studies. The same number of credits and the same required classes are still in place. The only difference is that the graduate courses described above will be applied toward either the students' major courses or free electives.
HRD 8006, PSY 8425, PSY 8475 and PSY 8875 can be used as Psychology electives or as liberal arts free electives for the BA. However, HRD 8319 (Introduction to HR) can only be used as a liberal arts free elective. The remaining 8 graduate courses (7 regular courses plus an Internship, HRD 8010) required for the MS can be taken in the summer after the senior year and in the fifth year of the combined program.
M.S. Program Requirements
Please review the Master's Curriculum Checklist for a complete listing of Graduate HRD program requirements.
Students in the BA/MS track must complete a written comprehensive examination. This is usually scheduled after coursework is completed. Following existing practice, the professional PHR exam will be accepted in lieu of the Villanova comprehensive exam.
Master's Curriculum Checklist