The combined PSY/MS program in HRD is designed to offer undergraduate Psychology students a planned educational track that will prepare them for a career in the field of human resources.
B.A. Program Requirements
- Applicants to the program should have the following:
- Villanova University declared Psychology major with junior status
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Psychology major GPA of at least 3.2
- Completed or enrolled in at least 6 Psychology major courses, which must include:
- PSY 2700 Industrial/Organizational Psychology or PSY 2800 Human Factors
- PSY 4000 Intro Statistics
- PSY 4050 Research Methods in Psychology
- PSY 4200 Physiological Psychology or PSY 4500 - Cognitive Psychology
Students who are admitted into the BA/MS track will be permitted to enroll in 3 graduate HRD courses in their senior year (including the summer preceding). These courses will be counted both as undergraduate courses for the BA and graduate courses for the MS.
Students may choose among 5 graduate courses:
- HRD 8006 - HR Metrics & Research Methods (Required)
- HRD 8319 - Introduction to HR (Required)
- PSY 8425 - Organizational Psychology (Elective)
- PSY 8475 - Organizational Training (Required)
- PSY 8875 - Psychology of Organizational Change (Required)
HRD 8006, PSY 8425, PSY 8475 and PSY 8875 can be used as Psychology electives or as liberal arts free electives for the BA. However, HRD 8319 (Introduction to HR) can only be used as a liberal arts free elective. The remaining 8 graduate courses (7 regular courses plus an Internship, HRD 8010) required for the MS can be taken in the summer after the senior year and in the fifth year of the combined program.
M.S. Program Requirements
Course Requirements: Please review the M.S. Degree Program Requirements for a complete listing of required courses.
Final Examination Requirement:
- M.S. in HRD candidates must complete and pass one of the following final exams to complete the degree requirements:
- Villanova Written Comprehensive Examination
- PHR, SPHR, GPHR
- Assurance of Learning Assessment
- For more information on the final examination requirement, visit our page on Professional Certification.
Application Deadline: March 15th
To apply to the BA/MS program, submit the following to the HRD Program:
Human Resource Development
St. Mary's Hall #119
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
- First three pages of the Graduate Application (available below)
- Official transcripts documenting coursework.
- Personal statement (2 pages maximum) describing your career goals and reasons for pursuing a Master's of Science in Human Resource Development
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty assessing your potential for success in the BA/MS program. Letter forms may be obtained from the application to graduate studies.
The GRE is waived for the BA/MS program.
Please note: Acceptance into the BA/MS track is not automatic. Enrollment in the PSY/HRD and BIS/HRD program is limited to 5 students total at any one time.
Graduate Application and Recommendation Evaluation Form