The combined BIS/MS program in HRD is designed to offer Part-Time Studies students a planned educational track that will prepare them for a career in the field of human resources.
B.A. Program Requirements
Applicants to the program should have the following:
- Junior status
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Completion all CORE classes
- At least 90 earned credit hours
- GPA in the major of at least 3.2
Students who are admitted into the BIS/MS track will be permitted to enroll in 3 graduate HRD courses in their senior year (including the summer preceding). Students may choose among 5 graduate courses:
- HRD 8006- HR Metrics & Research Methods (Required)
- HRD 8319- Introduction to HR (Required)
- PSY 8425- Organizational Psychology (Elective)
- PSY 8475- Organizational Training (Required)
- PSY 8875- Psychology of Organizational Change (Required)
For students in the BIS/MS track, there is no alteration in requirements for the undergraduate major in General Studies or Leadership Studies. The same number of credits and the same required classes are still in place. The only difference is that the graduate courses described above will be applied toward either the students' major courses or free electives.
M.S. Program Requirements
Course Requirements: Please review the M.S. Degree Program Requirements for a complete listing of required courses.
Final Examination Requirement:
- M.S. in HRD candidates must complete and pass one of the following final exams to complete the degree requirements:
- Villanova Written Comprehensive Examination
- PHR, SPHR, GPHR
- Assurance of Learning Assessment
- For more information on the final examination requirement, visit our page on Professional Certification.
Application Deadline: March 15th
To apply to the BIS/MS program, submit the following to the HRD Program:
Human Resource Development
St. Mary's Hall #119
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
- First three pages of the Graduate Application (available below)
- Official transcripts documenting coursework.
- Personal statement (2 pages maximum) describing your career goals and reasons for pursuing a Master's of Science in Human Resource Development
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty assessing your potential for success in the BIS/MS program. Letter forms may be obtained from the application to graduate studies.
The GRE is waived for the BIS/M.S. program.
Please note: Acceptance into the BIS/MS track is not automatic. Enrollment in the BIS/HRD and PSY/HRD program is limited to 5 students total at any one time.