The combined BIS/MS program in HRD is designed to offer Part-Time Studies students a planned educational track that will prepare them for a career in the field of human resources.
B.A. Program Requirements
Applicants to the program should have the following:
- junior status
- a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- completed all CORE classes
- have at least 90 earned credit hours
- a GPA in the major of at least 3.2
Students who are admitted into the BIS/MS track will be permitted to enroll in 3 graduate HRD courses in their senior year (including the summer preceding). Students may choose among 5 graduate courses:
- HRD 8006- HR Metrics & Research Methods (Required)
- HRD 8319- Introduction to HR (Required)
- PSY 8425- Organizational Psychology (Elective)
- PSY 8475- Organizational Training (Required)
- PSY 8875- Psychology of Organizational Change (Required)
For students in the BIS/MS track, there is no alteration in requirements for the undergraduate major in General Studies or Leadership Studies. The same number of credits and the same required classes are still in place. The only difference is that the graduate courses described above will be applied toward either the students' major courses or free electives.
M.S. Program Requirements
Please review the Master's Curriculum Checklist for a complete listing of Graduate HRD program requirements.
Students in the BIS/MS track must complete a written comprehensive examination. This is usually scheduled after coursework is completed. Following existing practice, the professional PHR exam will be accepted in lieu of the Villanova comprehensive exam.
QUICK LINKS TO FILES
Master's Curriculum Checklist