Recent graduates from the Department of History may be found in a wide variety of fields:
History majors are:
- Continuing their studies at the Villanova School of Law; the International Master's Program in Russian Studies at European University, St. Petersburg; and the Public History Master's Program at American University
"Having a Villanova foundation will definitely be a huge asset in my graduate program."
- Working as a grant writer at Rosemont College
- Teaching history and social studies in public and private secondary schools
"I graduated from Villanova in '01 (B.A., History) and '03 (M.A, History). I just wanted to pass along a quick note of gratitude to you and the other faculty members with whom I had the great pleasure to study under during my time there. I'm just finishing up my second year of teaching Special Education for the School District of Philadelphia, and just recently took the Praxis examination to be certified in teaching Social Studies. Thanks in large part to my study at Villanova, I managed to earn a certificate of excellence for my score on the test. Thank you for the excellent education received. It was and is most certainly appreciated."
Art History Majors are:
- Working as Assistant Digital Librarian at Villanova's Falvey Library
- Pursuing a law degree at Fordham University
History MAs are:
- Pursuing a Ph.D. in History with full fellowships at Northwestern University, Arizona State University, the University of Rochester and Florida International University
- Teaching history and social studies at high schools across the Delaware Valley
- Holding positions in higher education administration as the Manager of Advancement Services and Records at the University of Dallas