Every spring, the Gender and Women's Studies program organizes the Elizabeth Cady Stanton Conference to highlight and celebrate the incisive work produced by students from all across campus during the previous year. It features a number of panels where both undergraduate and graduate students present their work, as well as a keynote address from an invited scholar.
The 24th Annual Conference: March 18th, 2013
Featuring: Stephanie McCurry, Professor of History, University of Pennsylvania. "War, Gender and Emancipation in the Civil War South,"
Submission deadline for papers is Wednesday, February 15, 2013.
Presenting papers at the Conference
The annual Elizabeth Cady Stanton Conference is an exciting opportunity to showcase your work, discuss your interests with other students and faculty, and see the broad range of intellectual disciplines that gender and women’s Studies encompasses. Submit your paper to compete for a cash award in one of the following categories:
- papers written by first year students (minimum of 4 pages of text)
- papers written by undergraduate students (minimum of 5 pages of text)
- papers written by graduate students (12-30 pages of text)
- the Barbara Wall Award (when applicable, one undergraduate award, one graduate award), recognizing practical applications of feminist theory and work that makes a difference in women's lives.
- Essays should be formatted in Word, using 12 pt. Times New Roman font with 1 inch margins, and page numbers.
- Please include a cover sheet with the following information: student's name, major and year of graduation; mailing and email addresses and phone number; and the name of the course and professor for which the paper was written (if any).
- Marks of identification should not appear anywhere else in the paper.
- All papers must be written during the past calendar year, for a Villanova course from Spring or Fall or written specifically for the competition itself.
- Students are expected to present their paper, in person, during the conference.
Please email the paper as a Word document to email email@example.com
For any questions that you may have about the papers or the conference, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-519-3815