All applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies and must have completed the undergraduate prerequisites for graduate study in their proposed program. These prerequisites are detailed on each program’s web pages under the admission requirements.
Since requirements and deadlines vary by program, this list below is a general guide. Check with the program to which you are applying to ensure a timely review of your application. If you have any questions about the application process or your application status, please feel free to contact us.
Students are selected wholly on the basis of individual merit. The University does not discriminate against any students or applicants seeking admission on the basis of their race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, or sex.
- Application for admission online.
- Application fee. $50 payable by credit card online.
- Transcripts. Transcripts of all previous college work (undergraduate and graduate where applicable). For Summer and Fall 2013 entry, unofficial copies may be uploaded online for review. Official copies are required if an offer of admission is made to you.
- Letters of Recommendation. Check your program-specific requirements for details. Recommendations should be written by those who can speak of your capacity for graduate study. Ideally, letters should be academic in nature, but some programs may also accept professional letters. We prefer that you use the online recommendation system embedded in our online application. Alternatively, you may contact our office for a copy of the electronic form.
Additional Materials may also be required:
- General GRE scores (if required by your program)
For details, visit: http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/know
- Supplemental information such as Resume, Statement of Goals, or Writing Sample, (if required by your program)
All applicants in their last year of undergraduate study at the time of application should provide a transcript of all courses completed to date. A final transcript must be submitted to the Graduate Dean's Office listing the degree received and the date the degree was conferred.
International Students - Additional Requirements
International Students need to submit additional applications materials:
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Credentials Evaluation.
- Financial Certification (will be required upon acceptance).