- PLEASE NOTE: The Philosophy Department has a specific policy on credit transfer; Philosophy students should consult the department’s website for details.
- FOR ALL OTHER PROGRAMS, see below.
Requests for credits already completed:
- Requests for transfer credit must be made at the time of application. Requests will not be considered after the students first semester of enrollment.
- Students accepted into a graduate degree program may receive transfer credit for up to a maximum of 6 credits (usually 2 courses) taken at another accredited higher education institution.
- The courses must be graduate-level, and must have been taken within the past six years. A graduate course used to complete an applicant’s undergraduate degree at another institution may not be transferred and used to complete a graduate degree at Villanova.
- Only courses with grades of B or better will be considered.
- Only applicants accepted as matriculated students may be approved for transfer of credits.
- Transfer credits are not accepted for a non-degree certificate program.
- Transfer credits can be applied to only one degree program at Villanova.
- When requesting transfer credits, the applicant should submit the following materials to the director of the graduate program: 1). the relevant official transcripts (regardless of whether a degree was earned), and 2). course descriptions and syllabi.
Requests to take a course (or courses) elsewhere after enrollment:
Students already enrolled in a graduate program at Villanova University who wish to take a graduate course at another institution for credit toward the graduate degree here must obtain written approval from the Graduate Program Director and the Dean before the course is taken. No transfer credit will be approved for requests received after the course has been taken.
- This policy does not apply to graduate courses taken at Villanova University by Villanova undergraduates.