Conference Travel Funding

Making the Request

Students who plan to attend a professional conference to present research related to their graduate program at the University may apply for partial funding from the Graduate Dean's Office. Applicants for funding must complete the Travel Fund Request (to the right) , have his/her mentor complete the appropriate section, and pass the form on to the chairperson. The chairperson completes the form and forwards it to the Graduate Dean. All requests for funding must be submitted BEFORE the conference takes place. Students are limited to two travel grants in one fiscal year (June 1st - May 31st).

Policy for Students with N Grade(s) and/or NF Grade(S)

Effective June 1, 2015, any student who submits a Student Request for Funding to the Dean’s Office and has incomplete course(s) with N grade(s) and/or course(s) with NF grade(s) on academic transcripts, your request will be held pending successful completion of the course(s) with the N grade.

When the incomplete course(s) are graded (from “N” to letter grade), you must email in order for the Dean to reconsider the travel funding request.

If You're Approved

Applicants will be notified if any funding is available by the Office of the Graduate Dean. If funding is approved, the student should complete a Travel Expense Report (to the right) within one month of the trip's completion to receive reimbursement. Otherwise, your travel award will be forfeited. The student should attach any appropriate receipts to an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper and attach the receipts to the reimbursement form. If partial funding has been given to the student from his or her department, the department chair or graduate program director needs to fill in the departmental account number and sign for the account. The form is then submitted to the Office of Graduate Studies.