New Master’s Degree in Environmental Science
Recent Faculty Publications:
- Weston, N.B., A.E. Giblin, G. Banta, C.S. Hopkinson and J. Tucker. 2010. The effects of varying salinity on ammonium exchange in estuarine sediments of the Parker River, Massachusetts. Estuaries and Coasts 33: 985-1003.
- Galgano, F. A., 2009. Beach Erosion Adjacent to Stabilized Microtidal Inlets. Middle States Geographer, 42: 18-32.
- Galgano, F. A., 2009. "The Borderless Dilemma of Contemporary Maritime Piracy: Its Geography and Trends." The Pennsylvania Geographer, 47 (1): 3 - 33.
- Dr. Lisa Rodrigues, along with PI Dr. Thad Murdoch of the Bermuda Zoological Society, received $7500.00 for their proposal “Determining sources of food for boulder star coral (Montastraea cavernosa) across the Bermuda Reef Platform” from Atlantic Conservation Partnership.
- Courtney Chupka (BS Environmental Science, 2012) received a Villanova Undergraduate Research Fellowship for her proposal “Physiological Impact of Disease on the Purple Sea Fan, Gorgonia ventalina, from Bermuda.” The Fellowship included $2000.00 for research, a stipend, and on-campus housing. As part of her study, Courtney traveled to Bermuda in June 2010 with Dr. Rodrigues to quantify disease in sea fans and collect samples for laboratory analyses at Villanova.