Using these instructions you can quickly install a network printer to a VU computer, either by connecting directly or using the Add Printer Wizard:
Connecting to the Printer Directly
You can also use the Add Printer Wizard
- Go to Start > Printers and Devices.
- You will see a list of printers which are installed on your computer. Click on "Add a Printer."
- This will launch the "Add a Printer Wizard." Choose the second option "a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer..." and then click "Next.
- Select the option at the bottom of the wizard click "The printer that I want isn't listed
- Choose the first option to "Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature."
- When the "Find Printers" dialog box appears, type in the location in the location field and click "Find Now."
- This will bring up a list of available printers.
- Double click on the printer you want to install and finish running the Add Printer wizard.
Any questions, please contact an IT Coordinator.