Eighth Annual Praxis Award in Professional Ethics
The Ethics Program invites nominations for the 2014 Praxis Award in Professional Ethics. To highlight and celebrate the work of professionals and academics in the field of professional ethics, the Ethics Program of Villanova University’s College of Liberal Arts & Sciences recognizes the work of such a person by awarding him or her with the Praxis Award. The 2013 recipient, Jennifer Staple-Clark, Founder and CEO, of the non-profit Unite for Sight, will be honored on April 4, 2013, at 5 PM in the Villanova Room. All are invited to attend. For more information on Ms. Staple-Clark please see our press release.
We call for the nominations of individuals who meet any of the criteria outlined below. To be considered, a nominee need not fulfill all of the criteria listed. Recognizing excellence in one or more of these areas, however, is the objective of the award.
The deadline for nominations is April 15, 2013.
Please submit all nominations to Mark Doorley, Ph.D., Director, the Ethics Program of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Villanova University.
A nominee should demonstrate evidence of excellence by:
- Embodying the ethical ideals of a particular profession
- Connecting work in a profession to a broader understanding of the common good
- Promoting ethical integrity in a professional field
- Conducting research in the field of professional ethics
- Influencing the field of professional ethics in a positive manner through writing, teaching, consulting, and/or professional leadership
With your nomination, please provide the committee with the following:
The person nominating may be asked to meet with the selection committee to discuss his or her nominee.
The Praxis Award receives considerable support from the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, the College of Nursing, the Villanova School of Business, and the College of Engineering.