The Ethics Program invites nominations for the 2017 Praxis Award in Professional Ethics. To highlight and celebrate the work of professionals and academics in the field of professional ethics, the Ethics Program of Villanova University’s College of Liberal Arts & Sciences recognizes the work of such a person by awarding him or her with the Praxis Award.
We call for the nominations of individuals who meet any of the criteria outlined below. To be considered, a nominee need not fulfill all of the criteria listed. Recognizing excellence in one or more of these areas, however, is the objective of the award.
A nominee should demonstrate evidence of excellence by
- Embodying the ethical ideals of a particular profession
- Connecting work in a profession to a broader understanding of the common good
- Promoting ethical integrity in a professional field
- Conducting research in the field of professional ethics
- Influencing the field of professional ethics in a positive manner through writing, teaching, consulting, and/or professional leadership
The deadline for nominations is April 22, 2016.
With your nomination, please provide the committee with the following:
- Your rationale for the nomination
- A biography of the nominee
- Contact information for the nominee
The person nominating may be asked to meet with the selection committee to discuss his or her nominee.
The committee recommends that all nominations be confidential.
The Praxis Award receives considerable support from the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, the Villanova School of Business, the College of Nursing and the College of Engineering.
Please submit all nominations by April 22, 2016, to Mark Doorley, Director, the Ethics Program of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
Mark Doorley, Ph.D.