Jennifer Staple-Clark, CEO of Unite for Site, Named Recipient of the 2013 Praxis Award in Professional Ethics
The award reception will be on Thursday, April 4, 2013, starting at 5:00 p.m. in the Villanova Room of the Connelly Center (the award presentation will begin at 5:30 p.m.).
What is the Praxis Award?
The Ethics Program of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences inaugurated the Praxis Award in Professional Ethics on March 28, 2007. This award highlights and celebrates the contributions of a professional or an academic in the field of professional ethics. To be considered, a nominee need not fulfill all of the criteria listed below. Recognizing excellence in one or more of these areas, however, is the objective of the award.
A nominee should demonstrate evidence of excellence by:
- Embodying the ethical ideals of a particular profession
- Connecting work in a profession to a broader understanding of the common good
- Promoting ethical integrity in a professional field
- Conducting research in the field of professional ethics
- Influencing the field of professional ethics in a positive manner through writing, teaching, consulting, and/or professional leadership