How is our program different from other English M.A. programs?
- Our graduate classes are entirely dedicated to you as an M.A. student; you will find no undergraduates or Ph.D. candidates in our M.A. seminars.
- You are provided with opportunities to teach undergraduates, but you are not required to teach classes in order to receive funding.
- Our classes are all true seminars, capped at 15 students.
- You will not be required to pass a language exam or study a foreign language.
- Villanova is located in a metropolitan area that is home to more than 80 colleges, universities, and other institutions of higher learning, offering you a dynamic social and intellectual climate.
- Generous funding is available to support conference travel.
- Summer research grants encourage you to pursue archival research and other innovative research activities.
- The peer-reviewed Villanova graduate research journal, CONCEPT, provides you with opportunities for publication and editorial experience.