Before the results are announced, there will also be an open-mic reading at which all those who submitted work, as well as others from the university community, are invited to read. It takes place at noon on Wednesday, April 23, in Falvey Library. Refreshments will be served.
For previous winners, see the Awards page.
• Entries must be typed. Submit no more than five poems (ten pages maximum) or 10-20 pages of prose.
• Include a cover letter with your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and the names of the poems or prose piece. The author’s name should appear only on the cover letter and should not appear on the work itself.
• In the cover letter, provide permission to display one poem or part of a prose piece in Falvey Library during April, and indicate which poem, section of a longer poem, or section of prose you would like to have displayed.
• Entries can be brought to the English Department office, 402 SAC, or e-mailed as a Word document to Prof. Lisa Sewell (for poetry) or Prof. Alan Drew (for prose).
• The deadline is 4 pm on Friday, March 28.