A minor in Counseling exposes students to knowledge of the field of counseling and the counseling process, evidence based therapeutic practices, and the application of counseling skills. Students with a minimum GPA of 3.0 must complete 18 credits (six 3-credit courses) from the following:
- Introduction to Counseling
- Counseling Theory and Helping Skills
- Group Counseling
- Family & Couples Counseling
- Culturally Competent Counseling
- Developmental Psychology (Psychology Department)
For more information on this minor, please contact the Department of Education and Counseling.