Applying to the Master's Program in Graduate Education or Teacher Leadership*
Applicants to the Master's program in Graduate Education or Teacher Leadership must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies, with an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, and have teaching certification, or, in the absence of certification, they must submit either GRE or MAT scores.
How to Apply
- Contact Dr. John Durnin, the Program Director, by email or 610-519-4613 to discuss your interest in doing graduate work.
- Applicants for the Degree Program should submit the following materials:
- Application for admission online.
- Statement of professional goals (1-2 pages)
- Application fee: $50 payable by credit card online. The fee is waived for students with a Villanova degree.
- Transcripts: Step 1 - You may upload unofficial copies of your transcripts in the online application in order to receive an admission decision. However, those who are offered admission must complete the following process in order to enroll. Step 2 - Official transcripts of all previous college work undergraduate (and graduate where applicable), must be sent directly from your registrar's office to the Office of Graduate Studies at Villanova. (Applicants in their last year of undergraduate study who have not completed their bachelor’s degree should provide a transcript of all courses completed at the time of application, and submit an official transcript when the undergraduate degree is completed.)
- Three Letters of Recommendation: please use the form found on the online application.
- Copy of a valid teacher certificate or Graduate Record Examination or Miller Analogies Test scores. Please note that scores from tests taken more than five years before the date of application will not be accepted.
- Short Resume