Applying to the Master's Program in Graduate Education or Teacher Leadership
Applicants to the Master's program in Graduate Education or Teacher Leadership must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies, with an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, and have teaching certification, or five years of experience beyond the baccalaureate degree. In the absence of certification or an undergraduate degree from 2000 or earlier, they must submit either GRE or MAT scores.
How to Apply
- Contact Dr. Jerusha Conner, the Program Director, by email or (610) 519-3083 to discuss your interest in doing graduate work.
- Applicants for the Degree Program should submit the following materials:
- Application for admission online.
- Statement of professional goals (1-2 pages).
- Application fee: $50 payable by credit card online. The fee is waived for students with a Villanova degree or with participation in an online information session.
- Transcripts: Step 1 - You may upload unofficial copies of your transcripts in the online application in order to receive an admission decision. However, those who are offered admission must complete the following process in order to enroll. Step 2 - Official transcripts of all previous college work undergraduate (and graduate where applicable), must be sent directly from your registrar's office to the Office of Graduate Studies at Villanova. (Applicants in their last year of undergraduate study who have not completed their bachelor’s degree should provide a transcript of all courses completed at the time of application and submit an official transcript when the undergraduate degree is completed.)
- Three Letters of Recommendation: please use the form found on the online application.
- Copy of a valid teacher certificate for Teacher Leadership Concentration only.
- Short Resume.