A specially tailored minor for Villanova School of Business Students
Business Communication Minor
We have designed a program of study specifically for students enrolled in the School of Business—the Business Communication Minor. This program of study will help give you the foundation in some areas of Communication most relevant to the careers you will pursue after graduation (specifically, Organizational Communication, Interpersonal Communication, and Public Relations).
In order to qualify for this special program, students must have an overall GPA of 2.75 or higher, and complete COM 1000 with a grade of C or higher.
The Business Communication Minor requires a total of five (5) courses:
- COM 1000 - Surv of Communication Studies
- COM 2440 - Theories of Organizational Com
Note: this course is a prerequisite for the 3000-level courses in the minor, and must be taken prior to enrolling in these courses.
• And three (3) other courses from the following list (please note that course availability will vary by semester):
- COM 1101 - Business & Prof Communication
- COM 3403 - Intercultural Communication
- COM 3404 - Communication & Conflict
- COM 3406 - Gender & Communication
- COM 3442 - Teambuilding & Small Group Com
- COM 3460 - Public Relations
- COM 3440 - Leadership
- COM 3444 - Interviewing
- COM 3445 - COM Consulting in Organization
- COM 3447 - Globalization, Work, & Organiz
Please note: courses not on this list will only count toward the minor in exceptional circumstances, and require the Department Chair’s written permission.
Applications for both COM minors can be obtained in the Communication Department office, SAC 203. If you have other questions about the Business COM minor, want to learn more about these courses, or have a proposal for an alternate plan of study, please contact us.