The Chemistry Department at Villanova University provides a rigorous program for undergraduate and master's level students. Our graduate courses include "core" courses that reinforce advanced principles of chemistry, and advanced courses in topics relevant to the local chemical and pharmaceutical industry. Our faculty conduct research in state-of-the-art facilities using a wide variety of modern instrumentation. Research areas of interest include nanotechnology, environmental chemistry, natural product synthesis, catalysis, and computational chemistry.
The master’s degree program offers both thesis and non-thesis options, and part- or full-time courses of study. Students who wish to take one or two courses on a non-matriculated basis may be admitted as special students.
Why Choose Villanova?
- Advance your career in chemistry
- Prepare for a Ph.D. program or to teach chemistry
- Small classes taught by full-time faculty and industry experts
- Flexible program offered part or full time
- Master’s program offers thesis or non-thesis track
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Villanova reputation for quality education
- Assistantships and tuition scholarships available to qualified students
- Located near large number of world-class pharmaceutical companies