Chemistry faculty strive to publish papers in respected journals with undergraduate and graduate student co-authors. Lists of publications have been compiled here by their year of publication. To find lists of publications by individual faculty, please check faculty websites.
Key: Faculty · Undergraduate Students · Graduate Students
1. M. Rotella, M. Giovine, W. Dougherty, Jr.; W. J. Boyko,. S. Kassel, and R. Giuliano, Synthesis and X-ray Crystallographic Analysis of 4,6-Di-O-Acetyl-2,3-Dideoxy-a-D-threo-hexopyranosyl Cyanid Carbohydrate Research, 2016, 40 42. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.carres.2016.03.001
2. H. Curran, C. Zhang, N.A. Piro, W. S. Kassel, and R. M. Giuliano, Allyl 3,4,6-tri-O-acetyl-2-deoxy-2-phthalimido-β-D-glucopyranoside, IUCrData, 2016, x161363. https://doi.org/10.1107/S2414314616013638.
3. Suleyman Ozakin, Robert W. Davis, Thomas P. Umile, Necmettin Pirinccioglu, Murat Kizil, Gurbet Celik, Alaattin Sen, Kevin P. C. Minbiole, Ebru İnce. The isolation of tetrangomycin from terrestrial Streptomyces sp. CAH29: evaluation of antioxidant, anticancer, and anti-MRSA activity. Medicinal Chemistry Research. 2016, 25, 2872–2881. doi: 10.1007/s00044-016-1708-6.
4. Megan E. Forman, Megan C. Jennings, William M. Wuest, Kevin P.C. Minbiole. Building a Better QAC: Branched Tetracationic Antiseptic Amphiphiles. ChemMedChem. 2016, 11, 1401–1405. doi:10.1002/cmdc.201600176.
5. Myra Hughey, Jenifer Walke, Matthew Becker, Thomas Umile, Elizabeth Burzynski, Kevin Minbiole, Anthony Iannetta, Celina Santiago, William Hopkins, Lisa Belden. Short-term exposure to coal combustion waste has little impact on the skin microbiome of adult spring peepers, Pseudacris crucifer. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 2016, 82, 3493-3502. doi:10.1128/AEM.00045-16.
6. Megan E. Forman, Madison H. Fletcher, Megan C. Jennings, Stephanie M. Duggan, Kevin P.C. Minbiole, William M. Wuest. Structure-Resistance Relationships: Interrogating Antiseptic Resistance in Bacteria with Multicationic Quaternary Ammonium Dyes. ChemMedChem. 2016, 11, 958–962. doi: 10.1002/cmdc.201600095
7. Eria A. Rebollar, Rachael E. Antwis, Matthew H. Becker, Lisa K. Belden, Molly C. Bletz, Robert M. Brucker, Xavier A. Harrison, Myra C. Hughey, Jordan G. Kueneman, Andrew H. Loudon, Valerie McKenzie, Daniel Medina, Kevin P.C. Minbiole, Louise A. Rollins-Smith, Jennifer B. Walke, Sophie Weiss, Douglas C. Woodhams, Reid N. Harris. Using “omics” and integrated multi-omics approaches to guide probiotic selection to mitigate chytridiomycosis and other emerging infectious diseases. Frontiers in Microbiology - Infectious Diseases. 2016. 2016.00068.
8. Kevin P.C. Minbiole, Megan C. Jennings, Laura E. Ator, Jacob W. Black, Melissa C. Grenier, Jade E. LaDow, Kevin L. Caran, Kyle Seifert, William M. Wuest. From Antimicrobial Activity to Mechanism of Resistance: The Multifaceted Role of Simple Quaternary Ammonium Compounds in Bacterial Eradication. Tetrahedron. 2016. 3559-3566. doi:10.1016/j.tet.2016.01.014
9. Maureen D. Joyce, Megan C. Jennings, Celina N. Santiago, Madison H. Fletcher, William M. Wuest, Kevin P. C. Minbiole. Natural Product-Derived Quaternary Ammonium Compounds with Potent Antimicrobial Activity. The Journal of Antibiotics. 2016, 69, 344-347.
10. Emily C. Minbiole, Kevin P. C. Minbiole. The Petasis-Ferrier Reaction - Developments and Applications. The Journal of Antibiotics. 2016, 69, 213-219.
11. Kevin P. C. Minbiole. Organic Synthesis in the Smith Group: A Personal Selection of a Dozen Lessons Learned at the University of Pennsylvania. Journal of Antibiotics. 2016, 69, 192–202
12. I. Ziraldo, K. Watts, A. Luk, A.F. Lagalante and R.C. Wolbers. The influence of temperature and humidity on swelling and surfactant migration in acrylic emulsion paint films. Studies in Conservation. 2016, 209-221.
13. A.F. Lagalante and R.C. Wolbers, The Cleaning of Acrylic Paintings. New Particle-Based Water-in-Oil Emulsifiers” in Dall’olio all’acrilico, dall’impressionismo all’arte contemporanea. Studi, ricerche, indagini scientifiche ed interventi conservativ, Proceedings of VII Congresso Internazionale Colore e Conservazione (CESMAR7), il prato Publishing, Milan, 2016 p. 163-176.
14. E.P. Benton, J.F. Grant, R.S. Cowles, R.J. Webster, R.J. Nichols, A.F. Lagalante and C.I. Coots. Assessing relationships between tree diameter and long-term persistence of imidacloprid and olefin to optimize imidacloprid treatments on eastern hemlock. Forest Ecology and Management. 2016. 370, 12-23.
15. E.P. Benton, J.F. Grant, R.J. Webster, R.S. Cowles, R.J. Nichols, A.F. Lagalante, and C.I. Coots. Hemlock Woolly Adelgid and Hemlock Canopy Health Numerous Years after Imidacloprid Basal Drench Treatments: Implications for Management Programs. Journal of Economic Entomology. 2016, 109(5), 2125-2136.
16. C. Mannikarottu, J. Tierney, K. Cannon, L. Mascavage and A. Lagalante. A Study of 13C Chemical Shifts for a Series of 2-(4-methoxyphenyl)-substituted-3-phenyl-1,3-thiazolidin-4-ones” International Journal of Chemistry, 2016, 8(2), 43-50.
17. L.J. Silverberg, C. Pacheco, A. Lagalante, J. Tierney, J.T. Bachert, J.A. Bayliff, R.V. Bendinsky, A.S. Cali, L. Chen, A.D. Cooper, M.J. Minehan, C.R. Mroz, D.J. Noble, A.K. Weisbeck, Y. Xie, Z. Yanga. Synthesis and spectroscopic properties of a series of novel 2-aryl-3-phenyl-2,3-dihydro-4H-1,3-benzothiazin-4-ones. ARKIVOK. 2016, accepted.
18. Turcotte, F. Cook, J. Jones, A.F. Lagalante, Spatial and Temporal Distribution of Imidacloprid within the Crown of Eastern Hemlock. Journal of Insect Science 2016 accepted.