The Arab Awakening: One Year On
Tuesday, March 20th
Bartley 1011 6:00 p.m.
The Arab Awakening: One Year On
Film Screening; Forbidden Marriages in the Holy Land
Wednesday, February 29th
Bartley 1011 at 6:00 p.m.
Arab and Islamic Studies: Michael Slackman
"The Arab Spring and the Fate of Egypt's Christians"
Thursday, February 16th
Bartley 1010 6:00 p.m.
Film screening "INCENDIES" Tuesday, March 27th 5:30 p.m. Connelly Center, Cinema Presided By: Marwan Kreidie Professor of Political Science Twins journey to the Middle East to discover their family history, and fulfill their mother’s last wishes.
Father Simon Faddoul
"Iraqi Christians Confronting the Future"
Thursday, April 12, 2012
- Fulbright Scholar Grants for U.S. Faculty and Professionals
- The Critical Role of the Sultanate of Oman
- Alek Baylee Toumi: Reading/Debate on Immigration, Terrorism, Intellectuals in North Africa & France
- Reception of the Arab and Islamic Studies Program: Meet faculty/students & enjoy Middle Eastern food
- Cultural Studies Conference: "Negotiating Modernity: The Reality TV Wars in Saudi Arabia"
- Hilmar Kaiser: "The Anatomy of Genocide: Reflections on the Armenian Genocide of 1915-1918
April 01 - April 02
- Lebanese Film Festival - West Beirut
- Lebanese Film Festival - A Perfect Day
- The Iraqi Refugee Crisis: Reports and Responses from the Field
- Lebanese Film Festival - Bosta
- Critical Language-Information Session
- Islamic Awareness Week - Islamic Banking: How does it differ?
- Islamic Awareness Week - Islam, Politics, and Media
- Islamic Awareness Week - The Message: Oscar-nominated classic about Islamic History
- Islamic Awareness Week - Is there such a thing as Islamic Terrorism?
- Islamic Awareness Week - HAFLA: Dance PARTY with Middel Eastern Food and Music!!
April 25 - April 26
- Sabeel Conference
October 22 - December 02
- Youssef Chahine: A Life in Cinema
- Will and Should the U.S. Attack Iran?
- The Prosperity Agenda: What the World Wants from America and What We Need in Return
- Tribute to Mahmoud Darwish, Palestinian Poet Laureate
November 26 - November 30
- Thanksgiving Recess
- Final CAIS events of the Fall semester!
- Lebanon: Interreligious Coexistence
- Panel Discussion about the Conflict in Gaza
- Teaching the Qur'an in Christian Contexts
- Convergence and Conversation: Islam and Christianity
- Meet Nadine Labaki, Internationally Acclaimed Film Star and Director
- Center for Arab and Islamic Studies -- Meet the authors: Susan Abulhawa, Habib Tengour, Eric Sellin
- My Name is Rachel Corrie, a Stage performance
- The Center for Arab & Islamic Studies Conference: Keynote Address
- The Center for Arab and Islamic Studies Presents: Women Take the Camera in the Middle East
- Screening of Handala
- 10th Annual Ramadan Dinner
- Eid Reception
- Film Screening: West Beyrouth (Ziad Doueri 1998)
- St. Augustine Scholarship: Application Deadline October 15, 2009
- IGIS COFFEE HOUR
- Documentary Film Series: Beyond Belief
- The Other Side of Islam: Ismail Ferrouki's Le Grand Voyage
- "Non Violence as a Tool for Change in the Middle East"
•Film Screening: Under the Bombs (Philippe Aractingi 2007)
- Film Screening: The Battle of Algiers
- THE IRANIAN REVOLUTION AND THE IRAN HOSTAGE CRISIS AFTER 30 YEARS
- Film Screening: Persepolis
- "The Resistance Movement in Iran and The Future of U.S.-Iran Relations"
- "Beyond al-Qaeda: Yemen's Crises in Context"
- Documentary Screening: Slingshot Hip Hop
- Faculty Book Talk - Dr. Catherine Warrick
- "(Im)possible Histories: Islams Re/Deconstructed"
- EVENT CANCELLED ------ "Re-Framing the Arab as Political Project"
- An Afternoon of Arab Music with Simon Shaheen
- Israel, Palestinians, and the Threat from Iran
- Arab Voices with James Zogby
- The Art of Arabic Calligraphy
•The Art of Arabic Calligraphy
- **This event has been canceled.** Loyalty and Citizenship in the Age of One Civilization
- Arabic Movie Night
- Nathalie Handal, an internationaly acclaimed poet.
- The Mummy Project