Alexandra Carroll ‘17 CLAS is a Political Science major with a minor in English. This semester Alexandra is an intern with Meehan for Congress.
1) So far, what part of the internship has had the most impact on you? Watching the Congressman interact with constituents at town hall meetings and fundraisers has had the most impact on me so far.
2) What makes your internship a unique experience? What makes this internship so unique is that it takes place during an exciting time in the Congressional election cycle, with a primary quickly approaching. This allows for a motivating work environment and the perfect time to learn about the world of campaign finance as an intern.
3) How has the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences helped you in your internship so far? The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences helped me to land this internship opportunity in the first place—I met my current boss, a graduate of the College, at a networking event organized by the BRIDGE Society. Beyond that, the emphasis on writing and communication skills that marks the Liberal Arts and Sciences curriculum has given me the tools needed to be a successful intern.
4) Have you had previous internships? If so, what were they? The summer after my Freshman year, I interned in London through the Learning Communities Abroad Program. I worked as a PR intern for the fashion designer Nicole Farhi where I communicated with the press, assembled pieces to be featured in the media, and drafted social media content for the brand. It was an incredible opportunity to gain PR experience in one of the fashion capitals of the world.
5) What other activities are you involved in at Villanova? I am involved in Tri Delta, the BRIDGE Society, New Student Orientation, and VU College Republicans.