Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law is a training ground for legal, corporate and civic leaders. Since its founding in 1953, the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law has educated more than 10,000 lawyers to think critically, act compassionately and succeed while serving others. As a result, Villanova lawyers serve in positions of leadership and influence throughout the country and around the globe, including the former governor of Pennsylvania, the United States Senator from New Hampshire, the President of the AFL-CIO, the President of Jefferson Health System, and the general counsels of Fortune 500 companies. Villanova lawyers are also founding and managing partners at top law firms, federal and state judges, professors, CEOs, COOs, entrepreneurs, executives of major sports teams, and successful lawyers, many of whom are recognized as being among the Best Lawyers in America and who have received numerous awards for their work in the community.
- Six outstanding degree programs: JD (3 years), JD/LLM in International Studies (3 years), JD/MBA with Villanova School of Business (3 years), JD/MPA (3 years), JD/LLM in Taxation (3.5-4 years), and Graduate Tax LLM in Taxation (3.5-4 years)
- A 52-member faculty composed of renowned scholars, dedicated educators and successful practitioners
- Two interdisciplinary Centers of Excellence: The Center for Law, Entrepreneurship and Innovation and The Jeffrey S. Moorad Center for the Study of Sports Law
- An award-winning Clinical Program, featuring seven clinics: Advanced Advocacy Clinic, Civil Justice Clinic, Clinic for Asylum, Refugee and Immigrant Services (CARES), Clinic for Law and Entrepreneurship, Farmworker Legal Aid Clinic, Federal Tax Clinic, and Interdisciplinary Mental and Physical Health Law Clinic
- An Expansive Externship Program including placements from Wawa to the White House
- Duane Morris LLP Legal Writing Program consisting of six required semesters of writing instruction
- A new, state-of-art, Gold LEED certified building
Comprehensive Campaign Priorities
- Student Scholarships: Scholarships position the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law to successfully compete in a highly competitive admissions market and help to ease the burden of debt that students face after graduation.
- Faculty Support: Faculty support enables the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law to recruit and retain exceptional scholars who ensure a high quality education and prepare students for success.
- Centers of Excellence: Centers of Excellence enable the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law to influence important areas of law, break new ground in the key fields of legal education, and attract a new level of national recognition.
- Clinics and Externships: Clinics and Externships enable the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law to provide students with valuable hands-on learning experiences and ensure that they are ready to contribute on the job the day they graduate. Clinics also fulfill the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law's mission to address challenges related to the ideals of social justice and to help those in need.
- Innovative Co-Curricular Programs: Innovative co-curricular programs provide students with the competencies and qualities we know our graduates need to succeed, such as adaptability and practical judgment, project management and an understanding of the basic principles and vocabulary of business.