February 24 - 27, 2014
Each day this week, we will send a photo theme that ties into For the Greater Great: The Villanova Campaign to Ignite Change, which aims to raise $600 million to support critical needs on campus.
How to participate:
Snap a photo that represents the theme of the day and submit it to the challenge by:
- Tagging the photo on Instagram or Twitter with #ilovevillanova.
- Emailing the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org (send the photo as an attachment and make sure to include your full name, college and class year).
Prizes will be awared for "Best Photo" from each day!
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: $25 Meal Plan Point Card
- Thursday: Villanova Gift Basket
In addition, the four best photos may be featured in future University materials! If you are selected, you will be credited for the photo. Photos submitted using the hashtag will be featured in a Storify wrap-up.
I Love Villanova Day
February 27, 2014
I Love Villanova Day is a special day on campus to show your Villanova pride and thank the thousands of generous alumni, parents and friends who help make Villanova greater year after year.
How to participate:
1. Celebrate I Love Villanova Day on campus! (Students Only)
February 27, 10am-2pm, Connelly Center Lobby
Students are invited to stop by the SAA photo booth in the Connelly Center lobby from 10am-2pm to tell us why they love Villanova. Write down a reason why you love Villanova and get your photo taken! The Senior Class Gift will also have a table where seniors can make their gift of $25 or more to receive a free pair of Villanova sunglasses.
2. Use the #ilovevillanova hashtag on Twitter and Instagram (Students, Alumni, Faculty & Staff)
What do you love most about Villanova? Show your love my posting pictures of your favorite Villanova people, places and things. Get creative! Take a photo, provide a short caption and post your photos using the hashtag #ilovevillanova.
"I Heart VU" Tank Top Giveaway & Sales
FREE tank top for the first 50 students who visit the photo booth to take a picture on I Love Villanova Day AND show at least 2 photos taken for the "Together We Are Greater Photo Challenge" on their Twitter/Instagram.
Additional tanks will be sold for $10.00 each as a fundraiser for the Student Alumni Association (SAA).
Together We Are Greater Photo Challenge Rules & Regulations
Rules for Entry
1. Students may submit photos to the Together We Are Greater Photo Challenge from Monday, February 24, 2014, through Thursday, February 27, 2014.
2. Photos must be submitted by using the hashtag #ilovevillanova on Twitter or Instagram AND by emailing the photo email@example.com. Photos should be emailed as an attachment. High resolution jpeg files are preferred.
3. Photos should be of the highest resolution possible. Photos should be at least 1MB in size and ideally 2MB or higher.
4. Photos must be the original work of the entrant. By submitting a photo, the entrant is affirming that he/she is the original creator of the work.
5. In the case of photos that capture students, faculty, staff and other individuals on campus, the entrant must provide photo releases signed by each of those individuals. The photo release form is available for download below.
6. Winners will be notified through the email address used to submit the photos. Notification will occur the week of March 3-7, 2014.
Use and Authorization
Winners will be requested to sign a separate agreement so that Villanova may use the photos as follows:
1. The winning photos will be used as the cover images on a series of postcards to be mailed to Villanova parents. Winners will be credited by name, college and class year on the postcard.
2. Photo entries may also be posted on social media accounts owned and operated by Villanova.
3. By submitting a photo, the entrant authorizes Villanova to use the photo for the afore-mentioned purposes and for other editorial and marketing purposes as Villanova may deem appropriate. This authorization stands in perpetuity.