Students Today. Alumni Forever.
The Student Alumni Association (SAA) is an organization run by students, for students. Our mission is to foster meaningful relations between students & alumni, promote school spirit & traditions, and strengthen life-long loyalty to Villanova.
Who We Are
The Student Alumni Association is a select group of undergraduate students on campus that are dedicated to serving Villanova alumni and students. In addition to planning signature programs and events, SAA members attend local and regional alumni functions, promote Villanova's long-standing traditions and educate their peers about the value of philanthropy. Members are also given the unique opportunity to network with peer organizations at regional and national CASE ASAP conferences.
What We Do
Members of the Student Alumni Association plan and execute signature programs and events throughout the year. ALL Villanova students are invited to participate in these programs:
- Class Banners: Incoming students sign their official class banner during New Student Orientation. The banner is then hung at various events celebrating their class when they are students and then when alumni.
- Homecoming Week: SAA sponsors a week of events and activities that allows current students to show their school pride in advance of Homecoming weekend. The goal of Spirit Week is to boost school spirit and encourage students to support the Villanova community in a variety of ways.
- NOVA Dinners: Villanova alumni host students in their homes or at local restaurants for an evening of good food and great conversation around the dinner table. Students will draw inspiration form the professional, educational, philanthropic, and personal accomplishments of our alumni throughout the course of the meal.
- I Love Villanova Day: Villanova University joins nearly 100 educational institutions across the golbe to participate in the annual Student Engagement and Philanthropy Day organized by CASE Affiliated Student Advancement Programs (CASE ASAP). The day is designed to increase student understanding of philanthropy and grow engagement on campus.
- Reunion Crew: As "Alumni in Training," the Reunion Crew (comprised of current Villanova students) facilitates the success of Reunion Weekend by creating a welcoming atmosphere for returning alumni, and offering support throughout the weekend.
Become a Member
Leadership, dedication, and most of all PRIDE in Villanova University are some of the many outstanding qualities we look for in our members. Members demonstrate enthusiasm, professionalism, creativity, leadership, and loyalty to the university.
If you enjoy meeting new people, building professional connections and want to develop your leadership skills, we encourage you to visit our Member Recruitment Page for more information.
Office Location: Garey Hall, Alumni Center
Staff Adviser: Judy Mulrow, Assistant Director, Student & Young Alumni Engagement
The Student Alumni Association is sponsored by the Office of University Advancement and the Villanova University Alumni Association.