SAT or ACT
- All applicants must take the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) tests and have all scores reported directly to the University. Villanova's SAT code number (2959) or ACT code number (3744) should be entered on the form used to register.
- Candidates are asked to submit the scores from each sitting of the SAT. The Admission Committee will review the highest critical reading and highest math scores from the SAT and/or the highest ACT composite from different dates for admission.
- For Regular Decision candidates, the SAT and ACT must be taken no later than December of the senior year. For Early Action candidates, candidates interested in consideration for the Health Affiliation programs, Presidential scholarship nominees and candidates interested in Honors Program consideration, the SAT and ACT must be taken no later than October of the senior year. For those applying by December 1 for scholarship consideration, SATs and ACTs can be taken no later than November of the senior year. All scores must be received in the Office of University Admission by the November 1 or January 15 deadline, respectively.
- Villanova requires all applicants to submit the results from the SAT and/or the ACT. Those students who elect to take the ACT must also take the ACT Writing test and have the results submitted to Villanova. The results of the SAT writing portion and ACT writing test will be considered when evaluating an application. However, the SAT critical reading and math or the ACT composite will be used as the primary test indicators.
For Non-Native English Speakers
- All non-native English speakers are required to submit either official TOEFL or IELTS results.
- TOEFL: Applicants must score at least 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, or 85 on the internet-based test, in order to be considered for admission. When you register for the TOEFL, please request that your results be sent directly to Villanova - our institutional code is 2959.
- IELTS: Applicants must score at least 7.0 in order to be considered for admission. Please visit the IELTS web site for more information.
- You should register at least two months prior to each exam in order to ensure you receive confirmation of the test date and for us to receive your results by the deadline.
- The student who is applying must provide TOEFL or IELTS results. It is not the high school's responsibility to submit the scores.