Villanova’s Admission staff takes pride in our multifaceted and holistic application review process. The Admission Committee reviews a variety of factors when considering a candidate for admission including high school performance, strength of academic curriculum, standardized test scores, application essays, extracurricular activities, counselor recommendation and teacher recommendation.
The application process to Villanova consists of the following steps:
- Complete the Common Application with the Member School Section for Villanova.
- Request the Secondary School Report Form and your official High School transcript be submitted electronically through the Common Application website.*
- Have the results of your standardized test (SAT or ACT) reported electronically to the Office of University Admission by the College Board or ACT. Please note that SAT/ACTs must be taken no later than October of the senior year for any November 1 deadline and no later than December of the senior year for Regular Decision.
- All non-native English speakers are required to submit either official TOEFL or IELTS results.
- Please note that interviews are not part of the admission process.
*While paper transcripts are still accepted, on-line submission of all documents is strongly preferred.
* As the November 1 deadline approaches for Early Action, Honors Program consideration, and the accelerated Health Affiliation Programs, the Office of University Admission at Villanova wanted to let you know that we have been closely monitoring the challenges that students and secondary school counselors are experiencing with the Common Application this year.
While we are hopeful that these issues will be resolved by the Common Application in a timely manner, we have decided to extend our deadline to Friday, November 8, 2013. (Should your application to Villanova already be complete, we strongly encourage you to submit it as soon as possible rather than wait until the deadline.)
We realize that this is stressful time for all involved, but please know that we look forward to working with you throughout the admission process.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains information about Villanova University's security policies and procedures and crime statistics for the three most recent calendar years. A hard copy is also available upon request through Villanova's Department of Public Safety by calling 610-519-6979.