International Students

As an international student, you bring a whole new perspective to the Villanova community. We look forward to welcoming you to campus this coming August. Here are some important steps to take in order to begin your transition to Villanova University:

  • In order to apply for your F1 student visa: 
    you must submit the Certification of Finances form (available to the right) and supporting bank letter (from within the last six months). Once we receive the above information and verify its contents, we will send you the Form I-20.
  • If you are currently in the United States on a student visa (F1):
    you will need to submit the Certification of Finances form, submit a supporting bank letter and submit the Transfer Form, available to the right or from our Office of International Student Services (610-519-8017) to your current Designated Officer to release you to Villanova University.
  • If you are currently in the USA on another visa type (H, L, M, O, etc.):
    you will need to decide with your family whether or not to transfer your visa to an F1 visa.  If you decide to switch, you will have to follow the same procedures mentioned above.

Please contact us via e-mail ( if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Save the date for Thursday, August 18, 2016, for the required International Student Orientation. This will take place before the New Student Orientation for all members of the Class of 2020. 

Necessary Forms

image of students filling out forms
* Transfer_Visa_Process.pdf
Transfer Visa Process
* CertificationofFinances.pdf
Certification of Finances

Additional Information

Parking and Maps

Door-to-Door Directions from Mapquest

Area Hotels

Ready to make your decision? Find out more about the next steps.